The key to success on Facebook is engaging with your fans – you want them to like and comment on your posts. So, what can you do to promote your fan page and make the most of every item you post? Here are are top tips:
- Less is more – don’t post too frequently
- Keep your posts short – research shows that posts of less than 80 characters get the best ‘Likes’ and ‘Shares’
- Post photos and videos – people love them!
- Thursday and Fridays are the days when there is the most engagement so time your posts accordingly
- Time of your post – try posting at different times to see when you get the best engagement. People are often on FB in the evening, so try then.
- Use Twitter! Take a post and click on the Time Stamp (this is the date and time of the post, alongside the ‘Like’, ‘ Comment’ and ‘Share’ links).
- Shorten the link and then copy it into Twitter and write an engaging and exciting Tweet which invites people to come to your Fanpage and interact with the content.
Hope these tips help – please comment if you’ve got any more tips!