You might have read my recent post about cave diving. It talks about Agnes Milowka, a technical diver who lost her life doing what she loved the most. I didn’t hear about Agnes until after her death but have since been reading her blog. She wrote brilliantly and there was always something which I learned and took away. So, it feels fitting to document them here …. the 6 things I’ve learned from Agnes Milowka.
- Never leave the boat unattended when you’re diving – if you drift away, there’s no one to pick you up [When things go wrong underwater]
- Diving with a buddy does not necessarily mean you are any safer than you would be if you were diving alone [Lets talk about ... the S word]
- Follow your passion – if you do, you’ll never do another day’s work again [Biography]
- I really MUST dive with seals -it’s been on my bucket list for much too long [The Puppies of the Ocean]
- Don’t discount wreck diving [First loves are never forgotten]
- Wonderful things don’t come easy [In the heart of the tiger's eye]
If anyone reading this has been inspired by Agnes, please comment. What have you learned from her?